Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Toons for Grown ups

as a child of the 1980s I have a bit of a yen for cartoons, after all growing up on a steady diet of transformers, gi joe and the like why the hell not. However, As one matures so do his tastes, kinda. Here are a few of my faves!
Archer: A strange mix of James Bond, Arrested Development, and a high school kegger, Archer is a spy comedy that mixes office humor and pop culture references into a frenzy.

The Venture Bros: A comic soap opera set in a world that feels very much like Johnny Quest gone horribly wrong, The Ventures are one of my all time favorite cartoon series.
Mission Hill: Less action than the previous 2 entries this was created by Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstien who used to work on the Simpsons. the clip above sets it up better than I can.
Robot Chicken: Like I said child of the 1980s, watching all those shows i love get lampooned as an adult is still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment